Sunday, August 1, 2010

overwhelmed.

Jubilee was the first Bible study I did after I recommitted to serving God with my life, earlier this year.
Never had I done a Bible study for that long, and it was a real period of growth and so much of it applied to my life, it was God-planned. He had my circumstance and my heart and mind in His control.

One of the first lessons was on Sabbath.

That God did not rest on the 7th day because He was tired.
He did it to reflect and enjoy creation.
He did it as a change of pace, something different, other than creating things.

To translate it into my day, I need to have Sabbath in my life, where I take a break from the busy things and just reflect and enjoy God and be thankful for the blessings I have.

Lately, I feel overwhelmed. Everything ahead of me is superduper daunting and just looming over me.
My life is packed to the brim with catching up with people, ministry commitments, church commitments, study.. just .. so much.
Maybe this is how I'm going to develop REAL organisation and REAL time-management.
Maybe this is also a time where I'll learn to REALLY give everything to God and properly rely on His strength.

Because honestly, right now, I don't think I can get through this with a heart driven by my own strength.
I want a heart that is driven by that unending love.

No comments: